Just because you’re tight on budget doesn’t mean you can’t have a beautifully renovated home. There are plenty of ways to renovate your home while being on a budget. With a little bit of DIY and shopping around, you’ll be able to save cash without worrying about the renovation cost. Here are our top seven budget friendly renovation tips down below.
Hire Professionals for the Important Stuff Only
- DIY jobs can really save cash. But if you don’t know how to do it properly, then why not pay a professional to do the job instead. You must know your limitations when it comes to DIY tasks because not all of us can do it by ourselves.
- If you’re dealing with electrical, plumbing, and structural work, then hiring a professional is the real deal. Remember, cheaper is not always better. You might want to get recommendations from previous clients to ensure that your money is well spent.
Get a Working Bee for the Easy Stuff
- Getting a working bee for a small price is worth it. There are plenty of renovation jobs you and your family can easily do by yourselves including:
- Stripping and Polishing Floorboards
- Kitchen Assembling
- Floor Tiling
Learn how to DIY
- DIY is easy as long as you have the knowledge and the right tools to begin with. You can get DIY tools from your local home improvement store or even online if you want. You can also go online and find DIY tutorials at Lifestyle DIY’s website and YouTube. If you have friends that are fond about DIY, you can also ask them for help or even borrow tools if you don’t have your own.
Do Auction or Online Shopping
- Shopping around can save you a lot of cash from labor, supplies, and materials. Learn how to negotiate, ask for trade prices and find bargains that are easy on the wallet. Shopping around can take a bit of time but it’s totally worth it. Auction sites such as Grays Online are great for shopping supplies. Take a visit to eBay and Gumtree too and have a look at their vast collection of potential bargains that’s essential for your home renovation.
Think About Long-Term Savings
- If you want to save even more cash in the long run, you can install energy efficient appliances or materials on your home. This includes the following:
- LED lights
- Rainwater tanks
- High Quality Insulation
- Solar Panels
- No need to splurge on expensive things when you can just reuse and be creative while renovating. You can resurface or repaint bathroom tiles, baths, basins to improve the look of your home while spending little as much as possible.
- Don’t expect something big especially if you’re on a budget. That’s why you have to adjust your expectations in order to fit everything depending on your cash. Jot down all the must-haves and leave the ones that aren’t. It’s better to only concentrate on things that are important for your home renovation.