Your garage is probably the most piled up place in the whole house. But as long as you’re willing to re-organize the contents of your garage, you can have a spacious garage space in no time. Listed below are three simple tips to help you with that. Let’s begin!
Think of Your Garage as a Living Space
- When we think about it, the garage is just a place for your car (if you had one). But if you’re like most people where they don’t put their car into the garage, then it’s time to think again to change your perspective about your garage. Think of your garage as your living space. Off course the first priority should be the car. Don’t think of what is already in it, but instead, be committed to the idea. By making your garage as a living space, you’ll be able to switch gears and change your thinking about the function and use of your garage.
Wheels on the Ground
- When we think about wheels on the ground, the first thing that comes into our mind is that everything that has wheels should be stored on the floor. Items such as your car, lawnmower, portable barbecue, and bicycles should be included in the list since all of them had wheels. With that being said, it’s time to take out those things that don’t have wheels out of your garage. This will reduce bulk and can add more space to your garage.
Put Your Possessions into Storage
- If you’re going to use your garage as a storage space for some of your things, then you may need a garage cabinet to help you with that. Garage cabinets are more ideal to put your things on instead of boxes since they don’t attract vermin such as cockroaches, silverfish, and any other creepy insects. Not just that, garage cabinets are also sturdy, permanent, and won’t topple over that can damage your car in an instant.
- However, some people prefer shelves over cabinets for storage space. If that is the case, we would have shelves instead of cabinets in our kitchens and bathrooms. These people think that having open shelves can help you find things faster compared to cabinets. However, it just won’t work. And at the end of the day, cabinets are still more ideal for storage space.
- Cabinets are also a great choice for storage compared to shelves. Why? Because it can keep all your possessions clean. Although epoxy flooring may in the garage will help reduce dust, there’s still a problem about exhaust residue. This residue is noticeable to items that are stored with the same space in the garage care for a period of time. It is not visible on some surfaces though, but other surface will form a sticky substance indicating that exhaust is permeating possessions.
- To sum it all up, it’s all up to you to organize your items the way you want it. Frequently used items should be stored on shelves, while seasonal or any other items that are rarely used should be stored on the less convenient shelves inside the cabinets.